a blog for our network of house churches

Thursday, July 19, 2007

07.19.07 thequest UPdate

thequest family,

I'm still being challenged as I reflect on our Assembly from Sunday. The challenge around a blind man who proclaimed Jesus before the religious leaders (John 9) really sank into my soul.

Since that time, I've had the opportunity to share Jesus or about thequest with 6 different people. That's six new people--a couple of cashiers at the convenience store, a couple of girls who visited our assembly, a friend of a friend and a new neighbor we just met. How did all of that happen?

Well, I hadn't really thought about it, until now. I've just been living my life (ie. going to the convenience store to buy things) and having Jesus at the front of my mind. I've re-committed to move when He prompts me. That has been the how? Listen and Live.

So a couple of times I realized I may have missed a chance--and the Spirit gently prompted "why don't you go back and say....". So I've listened. In fact today, it happened. I was leaving a restaurant with the group of guys from our Life Transformation Group with. I saw a friend coming towards the place, and we said hello and met his friend for the first time. They asked what we were doing and we told them we were doing an "LTG". We chit-chatted for a few more minutes. They went in. We actually sat down to finish up praying for our LTG time.

As we were praying, the Lord ran this thought through my mind to invite my friend's friend to thequest. I bounced it around...and we kept praying. Then I committed to do it. As we finished praying, I told them I was going back inside. As I walked up to the table where my friends were sitting, they turned to greet me. They asked, "Hey, we were just talking, what is an LTG?" Wow...God was working in their hearts to keep them talking about this...until I got there to answer the question! It's a good thing I responded to the Spirit's prompt!

Like I've told a couple of people, I feel like I'm back in the saddle again. It has been a busy summer with lots of good things, but I'm glad to be back in the groove. God wants that for us...to break the sound barrier and sow seeds abundantly.

Won't you commit to connect to

>>World >> Prayer & Share with 3 people
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! John 15:8
>>Are you growing in your connection to those who don't know Jesus?

God is doing it. Last week, I said I had fallen short...and then all this. I am excited about what God is up to!

I'm praying for you!

Press on,
Mike


Read the rest of the weekly UPdate HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home