a blog for our network of house churches

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

07.11.07 thequest UPdate

thequest family,


Sorry I didn't get an email out to everyone last week...it was a zany week with the fourth and time away with family. It is hard to believe that was all a week ago.

The summer is clicking by. With that I wanted to revisit our 3 month challenge:

Commit to Connect to >>

>>Jesus >> Life Transformation Group
I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

>>Are you growing in your connection to Jesus?


>>World >> Prayer & Share with 3 people

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! John 15:8

>>Are you growing in your connection to those who don't know Jesus?


>>Community >> House Church
This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you. John 15:12

>>Are you growing in your connection to one another?



>>Friends >> thequest
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:13-17

>>Are you growing in your connection to thequest?


I'll admit to not fulfilling some of these challenges myself. I am re-committing myself to these things. These were placed in front of us...and yet if we aren't reminded we forget. I forget. So we have a few weeks left...let's see what God does.

Here's one thing that God is doing: I am excited about a good kick-off to a new Family House Church with 5 families involved. I'm looking forward to our series covering the miracles of Jesus in John. That's a great connection to thequest and to one another.

Also I'm trusting that our Assembly this Sunday night will be a helpful spurring on toward these areas. Check out the details below because we have some special guests coming for our special time.

I'm praying for you!

Press on,
Mike


Check out the rest of the weekly email HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home