a blog for our network of house churches

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

05.23.07 thequest UPdate

thequest family,


It was a very sweet time on Sunday. We got to see how God is branching us out. Several shared about the ways God is leading them. It is exciting stuff! see more pics on our blog HERE

We got to meet our intern for the summer. We got to sing to Jesus. We got to get challenged again around our vision--to see a strawberry patch of churches in urban Columbus.

I clicked some pictures today of what's happening in my garden. A couple of years ago we planted some strawberry plants. They have reproduced new plants and now are producing berries.

It's amazing to see how "natural" it is. Just as "super-natural" as what God is doing in the lives of those in thequest. These plants are bearing fruit...and so are people on thequest!


I did want to revisit the 3 month challenge that I gave to get us back to the basics of who we are and what we are about. I want to ask that all of us will commit to connect with Jesus, the World, Community and Friends. Check out those areas and some verses below...and let me know where you are Committing to Connect.


Commit to Connect to >>

>>Jesus >> Life Transformation Group
I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

>>World >> Prayer & Share with 3 people
But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! John 15:8

>>Community >> House Church
This is my commandment: Love each other in the same way I have loved you
. John 15:12

>>Friends >> thequest
There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you slaves, because a master doesn't confide in his slaves. Now you are my friends, since I have told you everything the Father told me. You didn't choose me. I chose you. I appointed you to go and produce lasting fruit, so that the Father will give you whatever you ask for, using my name. This is my command: Love each other. John 15:13-17

Let's ramp it up for the summer and see what God does.

Press on,
Mike


read the rest of thequest weekly UPdate HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home