a blog for our network of house churches

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

06.06.07 thequest UPdate

thequest family,

Just this week I realized I had gotten lax. I had kind of coasted through some opportunities to be held accountable. I had been doing ok, but in my coasting, it bit me. Temptation came and instead of resisting, I gave in.

Fortunately we have folks in our family who care and who confess their sin to one another. So mutually we confess our sin to each other and Jesus. The vulnerability is humbling, but it is healing as well. In fact, the secrets we keep are the tools of the evil one. He neutralizes us that way. If we confess, Jesus is faithful to forgive (1 John 1:9).

In forgiveness there is so much joy and health. A huge release happens in our souls when we get our sin on the table and let Jesus deal with it. And we are CLEAN again. He makes us white and pure again.

All this reminded me of why we need to commit to connect to Jesus via Life Transformation Groups (LTG). LTG's are the simple & essential tool for all who are seeking to follow Jesus. They are centered around grassroots accountability, prayer for others and consumption of the Scriptures. If we lose these things, we very easily become disconnected from Jesus.

This is not to say that LTG's are a new "law" prescribing the only way to connect with Jesus. They are a tool to stay connected and growing in Him.

Just like most people don't think of a date with that special someone else without sharing a meal, snack or treat...it's hard for us to think of growing in our relationship with Jesus without these elements of an LTG. The meal isn't the dating relationship, but a vehicle used to enhance the relationship. An LTG is the same thing, a vehicle to enhance our relationship with Jesus...and to multiply it on to others. Sharing the Love you might say!

In reflection on the 4-part summer challenge which we articulated a couple weeks back, I realized this is a reminder of the first one:

Commit to Connect to Jesus >> Life Transformation Group
I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. John 15:5

Won't you recommit to a Life Transformation Group...to enhance your relationship with Jesus and Share the Love?!?!

Press on,
Mike

You can read the rest of this week's UPdate HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home