a blog for our network of house churches

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

introducing our summer intern

My name is Daniel Hendon. I just finished my junior year at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago, IL. I was raised in a divorced Christian home. Ever since I was little I can remember loving going to downtown Indianapolis and Chicago. I’ve always loved the city. As I’ve grown up and fallen in love with the city a passion in my heart has begun to burn for the city and those who don’t know Jesus and live in the city.

When I first started attending Moody, I thought that I would just be working with the urban poor. As I have lived in downtown Chicago I’ve realized that Jesus loves the whole city from the urban poor to the affluent businessman, to the college student and the artsy entrepreneur and has called me to love the entire city along with Him. I truly feel called to a city in the US. When I first started listening to God’s call I fought. I wanted to make a lot of money as an engineer, so after much prayer and fighting with God, I gave in. Now I don’t think that I could be happy doing anything else. Each year I fall more and more in love with the Gospel, Jesus, and the city that He loves.

Dan is interning with thequest this summer. You can contact him HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home