a blog for our network of house churches

Thursday, April 24, 2008

A Report from Juan Wu's Memorial Service

I got the following report about Juan Wu's Memorial Service. I just wanted to post it here for your info...and for prayer:

From: EILEEN FREY [mailto:eileenfrey@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 9:34 PM
Subject: JUANA WU MEMORIAL SERVICE 4/13/08

Dear Ones, I left Richmond 8 am today and arrived back in Columbus at 5:30 pm. I praise God I arrived safely. I'm very tired but very blessed. I felt God's hand on me the whole weekend. The spring buds were beautiful and even got some snow flakes today going through the mountains.

As you know, the memorial service for Juana Wu was yesterday at 3 pm in one of the Chinese churches. As sad as this was I can't begin to tell you how God blessed in so many ways.

The three Chinese churches in the Richmond area worked together and provided for her parents: transportation, housing, meals, translators, etc. Several worked on the "Facebook" which her parents liked. I was happy to see so many pictures of Juan and her friends in various activities/ministries. All notes were translated into Chinese by one of the young ladies. What a labor of love.

I stayed at Colleen and Chris' home. What lovely Christian people. Colleen had coordinated many things to help make everything nice for Juan's parents. So many of the people who volunteered didn't even know Juan.

Saturday evening I was able to meet her parents at the host's home. Yui Yui translated while I gave my personal testimony. And Peling (she and her husband were the hosts) who has a beautiful voice sang in Chinese "Jesus Loves Me" for her parents. Her parents were amazed that so many were helping them. Her mother asked "why do you do this?" I also gave them copies of "The Four Spiritual Laws".

The memorial service was held at one of the Chinese Churches. Pastor Dave Kennedy from the Grace Brethren Church, Richmond, gave the eulogy. It was also translated into Chinese. There were about 250 people at the service which consisted of friends, church members, students, and professors. Pastor Geoff Chan from the Chinese church closed with prayer. What a humble servant he is. I understand he has helped in various ways. After the service everyone was given an opportunity to greet her parents in the front of the church. Many people wept with her parents.

Two of Juan's classmates from China traveled from Baltimore and Connecticut and visited with her parents at the host's home after the service.

I do not have the total amount collected for her parents but I know it is probably close to $6,000. Today the parents were making arrangements to sell Juan's car.

I learned from one of her friends that she had turned in her paper 3/24.

The police report shows two anti-depressants were found in Juan's apartment.

I continue to pray that much good will come from such a sad situation. God is able. Keep praying for her parents. Thanks. Eileen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home