a blog for our network of house churches

Thursday, April 17, 2008

04.17.08 thequest UPdate

thequest family,

I wanted to take one more chance this week to share something with those of you in our family. From my email earlier this week you have been alerted about our transition. Some have inquired about the plans for thequest. One of our key leaders inquired to me about if we should have a leadership meeting before our time on Sunday. That is often how we have done things. In prayerfulness I submit to you some of the text I shared with him:

I have believed for a long time that God communicates to everyone in the body, because everyone is a priest. Not just a special group of leaders, or priests. Everyone can be a part...and everyone should. I think that in the past, I weakened our Body, by doing "pre-meetings" and stuff with just the leaders...or those who we thought were leaders.
I am convinced that we all should be praying for divine guidance for thequest--and that we have already been seeking His guidance. I trust that in our pursuit of God's voice He will use everyone at the assembly on Sunday night. I am not hoping that we come to resolution on anything as a product of the night together. I just want us to pursue God, to pray, to seek His wisdom and acknowledge what He is stirring up in us. I think that if we had a "plan" that we brought to the meeting and asked God and the folks of thequest to bless it, that would be short-circuiting the process that God wants to use. I look to Acts 13 & 15 to see this modeled. The outcome was "it seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us."(Acts 15:28) That's where I want everyone to land--it's the agreement we and God made!
I invite you to pray often for this and to walk this risky step forward into the unknown of what God is stirring up for the future of our humble band of servants.

It is interesting that fasting is a part of the scenario in Acts 13. I want to count that discipline into my preparation as I will fast for the day Sunday and have my first meal of the day with our community. I'd invite others to join me as well. If you want more info on fasting here's a link to a helpful site about it.

Please pray

Press on,

Mike


for the rest of thequest UPdate click HERE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home